I recently read a letter on Beetle Blogger from a lesbian woman, Marci, who has made the choice to have and raise a son with her partner. She wants to be a good mom and has no regrets about her decision. Upon reading I first hoped that Marci and her partner would still be together in a few years and that they would practice sexual exclusivity in their partnership, since these are statistically less likely in the LGBT relationships.
I then wondered where her son would find a good father figure to emulate his male qualities after, since genetically he will be expressing those sooner or later and he’ll need that bond and example. I was further perplexed by how Marci and her partner would most effectively raise a male with the disadvantage that neither parent ever experienced life as one.
Still, my greatest concern about Marci’s choice is, given that her son is more likely to grow up homosexual, she has consequently increased the likelihood that he will end up with serious disease and/or early death.
Joy of motherhood aside, let’s face the facts, Marci. What you do in your own home is your business, but when you’re promoting homosexuality and raising sons that are more likely to become homosexual, people like you need to start taking some responsibility for the following:
- GLB’s in high school engage in twice the mean number of risk behaviors including an increased use of cocaine and other illegal drugs, use of tobacco, marijuana, and cocaine before age 13, sexual intercourse before age 13, and sexual intercourse with four or more partners
- 30% of all 20-year-old homosexually-active men will be HIV positive or dead of AIDS by the time they are 30
- In L.A. and five other major cities, 1 in 10 young homosexual or bisexual men is infected with HIV. Among homosexual African Americans, the HIV infection rate is 1 out of 3
- 20-year-old gay men have a 50% chance of becoming HIV positive by age 55
- In Canada, life expectancy at age 20 for gay and bisexual men is 8 to 20 years less than for all men. If the same pattern of mortality were to continue, estimates are that nearly half of gay and bisexual men currently aged 20 years will not reach their 65th birthday. Under even the most liberal assumptions, gay and bisexual men in this urban center are now experiencing a life expectancy similar to that experienced by all men in Canada in the year 1871. Compare this to tobacco smoking which decreases life span by 13.5 years
- The rate of new HIV infections among men who have sex with men is 9x higher than among women and heterosexual men
- The risk of contracting AIDS from a single act of unprotected heterosexual intercourse is 1 in 715,000 The risk of contracting AIDS from a single act of unprotected homosexual intercourse is 1 in 165
- The bacteria contacted during anal intercourse includes Shigella, Entamoeba, Giardia (causes chronic diarrhea), the bacteria that causes hepatitis A (deadly liver damage), and hepatitis B
- Dramatic increase in anal cancer among homosexual men. This increase is traced to HPV, a sexually transmitted virus that is found in almost all HIV positive homosexual men
- Syphilis cases in the western U.S. soared 64.3 percent between 2001 and 2002 and climbed 54.5% in the northeast. (This is primarily in groups of gay and bisexual men, as the vast majority of the US is not seeing any syphilis at all.)
- More than 3/4 of the homosexual men studied were unaware they were carrying HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. 90% of homosexual black men, ages 15-29, which have the virus, did not know they had the virus until researchers told them. The figure for Hispanic homosexual men is 70% and for white homosexual men, 60%
- In 4 American cities 11% of HIV positive men did not disclose their serostatus to their primary sex partner and 66% did not disclose their status to a non-primary sex partner. In addition, of HIV positive men with one or more non-primary partners, 16% of those who did not disclose their serostatus reported inconsistent condom use during anal intercourse with these partners.
- 32% percent of homosexual men and women abuse alcohol, as compared with 7% (10% of men and 5% of women) in the general population.
- 36% of homosexuals engaging in unprotected oral, anal or vaginal sex failed to disclose that they were HIV positive to casual sex partners and 68% did not know the HIV serostatus of their partners.
It would have taken pages to cite the studies for all of these, but for those who want to see them and many more like it, visit here.
For more stats about HIV in America and what it's costing financially, visit this site