In Tribute to Our Veterans

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A man walked up to me today and said "I'm 82 years old and I served in World War II." He was dressed in an older military uniform that was very decorated. (He had like ten stripes on his left sleeve. I don't know what that means, but I think it means he did a lot.) I can hardly imagine all of things he must have seen and done to protect the freedom that I enjoy today. And the millions of other veterans who spent years in the trenches not knowing when a bullet would put an end to their anxious waiting, or flew a bomber over enemy territory hoping that the bombs whistling by them would not hit target.

I could hardly contain my emotion as I took his hand and thanked him for his service to our country. He, and the millions of other members of the armed forces yesterday and today, are some of the very few people that can be considered true heroes today. We have those stooped, gray heads that proudly walked and rode by in our small-town Veteran's Day Parade gave all of us Americans the ability to speak out against abuses by our government and go back to our normals lives without fear of retaliation. Though the cowards and crooks in Washington sometimes make me ashamed of my government, those true, selfless heroes will always make me proud to be an American.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_l9kxTBdE8


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a0ORdQU

1 comments:

cura_te_ipsum said...

Both Veterans Day and Memorial Day are very special holidays in my book. I have great respect for our military, for those brave men and women who leave friends, family, and homeland to fight for our freedom. Whether or not people oppose past wars or the ones we fight now, due respect must still be given to our soldiers for doing their duty when called to action. I am grateful for their service!

Post a Comment

 
 
 

Save the Constitution

Declaration of Liberty

In memory of our God, our Nation, our Religions, our Freedom, our Peace, our Families and our Fallen Dead;

WE THE PEOPLE declare that We will Never Yield to those who would place us in bondage. We will live for the Constitution and we will die for the Constitution, for we know that it was inspired of God for all of his Children.


http://digitalnetworkarmy.com
 
Copyright © 2009-2010 Good Sense, All Rights Reserved.

Articles, quotes, comments, and images are the exclusive property of their respective authors, who own all rights to their use. Articles do not necessarily represent the views of Good Sense or its contributers. All copyrighted materials appearing on this site and not derived by contributing authors are protected by and used according to “Fair Use” as described in sections 107 through 118 of the U.S. Copyright Act (title 17, U. S. Code).