"Shutting Detroit Down" Instant Anthem to Frustrated Blue Collar Workers of America

Monday, February 2, 2009

From his interview on the Glenn Beck Show:

JOHN RICH: Let me tell you something. A couple of weeks ago I was sitting in my house in Nashville watching the news and I became so disgusted and outraged at what I was seeing that this bailout money was going to these guys who had run their companies into the ground and then here's this joker getting on his private jet and flying out of town laughing at me and every other taxpayer in the country, I mean laughing like it's some type -- like he really pulled a really cool trick, man. He got to run the company into the ground and still get his bonus and still take his private jet right back to wherever it was he came from. So I had two choices. I could throw my fist through the television or I could pick up a blank sheet of paper and a pencil and start writing a song. So I chose the latter of the two and I wrote that song, "Shutting Detroit Down.
See the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXRibzKERpU



Another video of song and interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoIXxFSq7og

Lyrics:
Shuttin' Detroit Down
Written By: John Rich
My daddy taught me that in this country everyone’s the same
You work hard for your dollar and you never pass the blame
When it don’t go your way
Now I see all these big shots whinin’ on my evening news
About how they’re losin’ billions and how it’s up to me and you
To come running to the rescue
Well pardon me if I don’t shed a tear ‘cause they’re selling make believe
And we don’t buy that here

Cause in the real world there shutting Detroit down
While the boss man takes his bonus pay and jets out of town/
And DC’s bailing out the bankers as the farmers auction ground,
Yeah while they’re living it up on Wall Street in that New York City town,
Here in the real world there shuttin’ Detroit down.
They’re shuttin’ Detroit down.”

Well that old man’s been workin’ in that plant most all of his life
Now his pension plan’s been cut in half and he can’t afford to die
And it’s a crying shame, ‘cause he ain’t the one to blame
When I look down and see his caloused hands,
Let me tell you friend it gets me fightin’ mad

Cause in the real world there shutting Detroit down
While the boss man takes his bonus pay and jets out of town/
And DC’s bailing out the bankers as the farmers auction ground,
Yeah while they’re living it up on Wall Street in that New York City town,
Here in the real world there shuttin’ Detroit down.
They’re shuttin’ Detroit down.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 

Save the Constitution

Declaration of Liberty

In memory of our God, our Nation, our Religions, our Freedom, our Peace, our Families and our Fallen Dead;

WE THE PEOPLE declare that We will Never Yield to those who would place us in bondage. We will live for the Constitution and we will die for the Constitution, for we know that it was inspired of God for all of his Children.


http://digitalnetworkarmy.com
 
Copyright © 2009-2010 Good Sense, All Rights Reserved.

Articles, quotes, comments, and images are the exclusive property of their respective authors, who own all rights to their use. Articles do not necessarily represent the views of Good Sense or its contributers. All copyrighted materials appearing on this site and not derived by contributing authors are protected by and used according to “Fair Use” as described in sections 107 through 118 of the U.S. Copyright Act (title 17, U. S. Code).